I kind of can’t believe I’m writing about Avery’s 4th month. She is 4 months old… Mind blowing. Through all of the peak fussiness, colic, immature bowels – whatever it was that made the first 3 months so hard, I kept looking toward 4 months like a light at the end of the tunnel – and it is!
Weight: 15lb 4oz
She can now…
- Sit up on her own from a reclined position and hold herself up for a minute
- Coordinate putting things in her mouth with ease
- Do push-ups during tummy time
- Roll over from back to front if she is motivated by something (food or toy)
- Shriek, scream, roar, sweetly sigh, and laugh. Oh the laughter! Melt my heart!
- Grab her toes
- Teething has begun!
- Her moms. We feel really special right now.
- Bath time. Because of the eczema we’ve been giving her daily oatmeal baths. I get in the big bath tub with her every morning right after waking up and we talk and float and splash. I hope she will love swimming lessons as much as bath time!
- Her play mat. The dangling toys are finally entertaining for her, and she can do all sorts of kicking and rolling on the mat.
- Watching TV. Mostly we watch nature documentaries and Harry Potter. She sits on my lap facing out and we are couch potatoes together. Teaching my daughter some great habits…
- Not much! She has become a really happy baby. The only things that upset her now are being overtired, gassy, or having a really itchy eczema flare up.
As today is Christmas Eve, we will be celebrating Avery’s first Christmas tomorrow. Our family isn’t religious, but we love the lights, the food, the music, and being with our loved ones. This year there are two babies in the family where there were none last year, so we have all gone a little nuts on gifts for the kids. Too bad (or good thing) they won’t understand what’s going on yet! So much for saying we didn’t want Avery to be spoiled with toys and unnecessary possessions. It’s hard not to spoil them!
In light of the holiday that is upon us, here are the Christmas cards we sent out this year 😉