I’m having a good day. Here are just 5 of the little things that I’m loving right at this moment.
- Avery was so happy when I picked her up from daycare. She and her daycare best friend were caught in an adorable loop of “bye”s and hugs when we were about to leave, and she sang to herself all the way home.
- After nursing her to sleep for her nap, I took about 20 minutes to just stare at her and kiss her forehead.
- I played with fresh playdough before it got sticky, snotty, slobbery toddler hands all over it.
- I baked a successful loaf of white sourdough bread – the white flour has been giving me trouble with rising lately, but this time I nailed it.
- It feels like spring outside. The air is warming, it’s rainy and dreary, and the earth smells fecund. My favourite kind of weather.